About our Pulmonology Department
The pulmonology department is supervised by experienced pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons.
Our Faculty members and experienced pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons supervise our Pulmonology Department professionally. These experts mainly attend to the respiratory system's problems, including Sinuses, Mouth, Nose, Throat, Voicebox, Diaphragm, Lungs, and Windpipe.
State of the art Pulmonology Department is well equipped with hi-tech facilities required for thoracic disorder care and assessments such as blood tests, X-rays, CT scans, Spirometry, and Bronchoscopy.
The learned doctors' team is experienced in pulmonary hygiene, biopsy, and Airway Ablation procedures that require extreme care. All the staff and management in Pulmonology Department at National Hospital & Medical Centre are dedicated to providing exceptional clinical assessment, diagnoses, and medicament services.
The staff is available for outpatients and in patients that may be facing some of the following illnesses:
- Asthma. A disease that incites and deficient the airways resulted in it’s hard to breathe.
- Emphysema. It destroys the air sacs in the human lungs.
- Interstitial Lung Disease: it’s a set of conditions that scar and coagulate the human lungs
- Bronchitis. It can cause infection due to inflammation of the airways by extra mucus and cough.
- Pneumonia. It's a kind of infection that makes alveoli in the human lungs inflamed and penetrated with pus.
- COVID-19 Pneumonia. It can lead to respiratory failure and severe problem of breathing.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea. It leads to replication of pauses in breathing while sleeping.
- Lung cancer. A particular type of cancer starts and affects the lungs.
- Cystic fibrosis. It's a disease that changes the genes, and sticky mucus starts to build up in the lungs.